Let me introduce you to my favourite quinoa salad! It’s delicious in all seasons, but is an especially refreshing summer salad. It’s great by itself, as a side, or as a base/topping to a vegetable salad. I’ve brought it to potlucks many times, and you can easily adjust it for whatever you need – serving it with the feta or the walnuts on the side, if there are known allergies. So, I hope you enjoy!
Summer Quinoa Salad
Double this recipe for a larger group!
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 1 crunchy red apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup craisins
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Rinse quinoa and cook with water, as directed on packaging.
- While quinoa cools down, chop up apples and walnuts.
- In a large bowl, mix quinoa, apples, walnuts, and craisins together.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic together.
- Pour small bowl of liquid dressing over large bowl of quinoa mix, and combine.
- Add in crumbled feta and gently combine.
- Serve fresh, or put in the fridge and enjoy as leftovers!
Tip #1: I often like to cook up the quinoa ahead of time, so it has more time to cool down.
Tip #2: This is even better by the second day!