Nashville is one of my favourite cities in America! I could most definitely go back again and again and again, and I sure hope I will, as my Nashville wish list always seems to be growing, rather than shrinking. Two of the times I’ve been, I have joined in the fun and festivities of the CMA Fest, and I highly, highly recommend that – you may never want to see another concert ever again afterwards, because you really get the chance to see so much talent all in one go! That being said, going at a time when you aren’t surrounded my festival mania, will allow you to see much more of Nashville, so you really can’t go wrong either way. I hope you love country music, because you will be seeing it on every corner, and in every bar/restaurant (along with other genres, of course), but it really is something! I hope you fall in love with Nash!
- The CMA Fest – I’ve had the pleasure of attending this festival twice, and if you go for that reason, you’re set! From stadium concerts every night with multiple headliner names, to outdoor shows all day everyday at various venues throughout downtown Nashville, you’ll never be without a tune in your head
- Ryman Auditorium – head there for a show, or just to tour it
- Broadway – just walk down the strip, pop into a bar and hear some live tunes! Some suggested bars: Tootsies (this one is on Broadway), Losers, The Red Door Saloon, FGL House
- Pedal Tavern – if you have a group, this is the most fun, but you can also book per person; includes so many of my favourite things – “working out,” music, drinking, being outdoors, and a whole lot of fun! Great for a bachelorette or any group event of that sort!
- The Country Music Hall of Fame – now this is my kind of museum
- If you’re up for a travel day, head to Memphis, Tennessee and see Graceland where Elvis lived. While you’re there, eat at BB Kings Blues Bar. We stayed in Memphis for multiple days, and probably didn’t need that long, in my personal opinion
Other activities that I didn’t get a chance to do, but were recommended and/or researched:
- See the Nashville Predators take on your favourite hockey team at the Bridgestone Arena
- Take in all the other sports Nashville has to offer
- The Bluebird Cafe – this has been on my wish list for so long and I still haven’t made it there!
- Grand Ole Opry – for a show or a tour (definitely a trek from downtown)
- Hike at Percy Warner – you can pretty much explore these trails all year long!
- Exit/In or Cannery Ballroom – to see up and comers
- Pinewood Social – bowling alley and bar!
- Legends on the Corner or Roberts – some other good bars to check out on Broadway
- Omni Hotel – for a pool party
Now to the Food…
- Whiskey Kitchen – great pub, even for the sweet potato fries alone
- The Old Line Bar & Grill – go here for the atmosphere
- Mas Tacos Por Favor – worth the wait to get in!
- Rolf & Daughters – get a reservation, and order as many things off the menu as you can!
- Joe’s Crab Shack – just don’t look at the calories on the menu
- Virago – Asian Fusion in the Gulch area; share many dishes, if you can
- Note: Get Fried Green Tomatoes, Chicken & Waffles, and BBQ on BBQ, anywhere you can!
Other Restaurants that I didn’t get a chance to try, but were recommended and/or researched:
- Pancake Pantry – every kind of pancake you could imagine
- Monell’s – to get your taste buds on a Southern breakfast
- Noshville Delicatessen – deli-style diner for breakfast or lunch
- The Wild Cow – vegan spot, that even non-vegans love
- Bourbon Street Blues and Boogie Bar – for blues music and cajun food
- Taco Mamacita – taco spot in the downtown area
- Jack’s Bar-B-Que – relatively inexpensive BBQ and a fun vibe
- Edley’s BBQ – for the meat lovers out there!
- Moto – in the Gulch area; upscale Italian
- Kayne Prime – in the Gulch area; steakhouse
- Urban Grub – oysters, and a a little bit of everything else
Have the best time!! And…take me with you!!