One day my husband brought home a potato salad from the Farmer’s Market, and it was a potato and sweet potato combo. My world was changed! On top of that, it was more of a “mashed potato salad.” I knew I had to try to recreate it. Mine turned out completely different, and yet we fell in love. My first test was at a family potluck, and there was lots of love sent this recipe’s way, including requests for it. So, here is what you need to do – there will be no measurements, so just go off feel (and a few taste tests).
Potato & Sweet Potato Salad
- Sweet potatoes (I use 3)
- Yukon Gold potatoes (I use 6)
- Hard boiled eggs (I use 6)
- Sweet onion (I use about half)
- Fresh dill
- Tangy dill relish
- Classic yellow mustard
- Apple cider vinegar
- Black pepper
- Hard boil and peel eggs. Slice.
- Wash, peel, and chop sweet potatoes.
- Wash and chop potatoes (skin on).
- Chop sweet onion, celery, and dill.
- Cook all potatoes in boiling water (start from cold). Drain when soft enough.
- Mash continually (using the Mix N Chop for a chunky texture) mayo, tangy dill relish (or finely chopped dill pickles if you don’t have), classic yellow mustard, apple cider vinegar, paprika, black pepper, chopped sweet onion, and chopped celery.
- Top with hard boiled eggs and fresh dill.
- Let cool as long as possible!