Here is my super relaxed way of writing out a recipe…every amount is pretty much guesses, and it can be for you too…that’s the great thing about chili! Follow along with my ingredients, but toss in extra if you want. I also love my chili with mushrooms, diced tomatoes, or more spice, to name a few.
Serves: About 6. Can also store leftovers in the freezer for later!
- 2 packages ground beef
- 1 cup (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce
- Half an onion, chopped
- Garlic, chopped (or garlic powder)
- 1/4 cup corn flour (or Arrowroot starch flour)
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- Combine all ingredients in the crockpot and mix. Cook on high for 4 hours (you can do low for longer, if you need).
- To serve: Cook rice for the base, if you wish (helps with gas!). Top with your hearts desire: lime, cheese, crushed corn chips, sour cream, for example. I always top mine with extra hot sauce too!
Hope you cozy up with a nice, warm, comforting bowl of chili!