Whether you are here for the pulled pork, or the fries, or the combo for poutine, here’s the recipe!
- About 4 lb. pork shoulder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- 1 bottle of your favourite BBQ sauce
- Combine all ingredients (except pork shoulder) together in a bowl.
- Place pork shoulder in a slow cooker [Crockpot] and pour the sauce over it.
- Cook on low for about 7 hours.
- Once it’s ready, use two forks to pull the pork shoulder apart.
*Stay tuned for an Air Fryer version!*
- 4-6 potatoes
- Olive oil
- Wash, peel, and slice potatoes into desired fry-shape.
- Soak potatoes in a bowl of cold water for a couple hours or in the fridge over night.
- When ready to use, drain the potatoes and pat dry.
- Preheat oven to bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread out potatoes evenly on stoneware (fries cook so well on stoneware) or baking sheets.
- Evenly coat potatoes with olive oil using a basting brush. Sprinkle salt over potatoes.
- Bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 minutes or until desired crispiness.
For a poutine bowl, fill the base of a serving bowl or plate with fries, top with pulled pork, and then add your favourite cheese!