They are addicting…hence the name. And I can’t even take credit for this simple and delicious recipe. It was my brother that came up with it so many years ago, and it has turned into a staple in my house. Normally, I make up a big batch of the seasoning mix, and have it ready to go, to add at all times. Here is the recipe for one bar pan/baking sheet worth!
Rodych “Crack” [Sweet] Potatoes
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes
- 2 tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash, peel, and chop the sweet potatoes into cubes. Spread out evenly on a baking sheet.
- Melt the coconut oil (it’s best to do this with a double boiler, or by stacking two bowls on top of each other – one with boiling water and the other with the coconut oil; this will help maintain the nutrient goodness that comes from coconut oil) and pour over the sweet potatoes. Use a basting brush to make sure the oil is spread out evenly.
- In a small bowl, combine the onion powder, garlic powder, and cinnamon [Tip: I always have a little bowl of this mix going in my house to use at any time. 1-part onion powder, 1-part garlic powder, 2-parts cinnamon!], and sprinkle over the sweet potatoes.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 25-35 minutes, or until a fork can pierce through a potato easily.
Careful, you might get addicted!