I listen to podcasts on the daily – they are my news, my inspiration, my education. Two years ago, I wrote about my favourite podcasts, and looking back, I still agree those are great podcasts, but I now subscribe to a whole new list of podcasts that I think are worth sharing.
Here are some of my favourites broken up into categories:
News & Learning
- Hidden Brain – you’ll learn the theory behind so much of human behaviour, in an intriguing story-telling manner
- Revisionist History – Malcolm Gladwell rocks my world with all he does, and often blows my mind with the findings in this podcast
- The Current – to get all that Canadian news
- The Daily – and for the American news
Birth & Being a Parent
- 3 in 30 Takeaways for Moms – to the point and just as the title says, 3 quick lessons on a particular subject that will impact your parenting
- The Birth Hour – I could listen to all these very different and very beautiful birth stories all day
- Pregnancy Podcast – very textbook like in format, but it gives you all the facts
A Little Bit of Everything
- Armchair Expert with Dax Shephard – they are very long episodes, but not as bad since I listen at double speed, and I find his humour very entertaining. The podcast brings on many actors and other experts in their fields
- Oprah’s Super Soul Conversations – Oprah…need I say more?
- The Happiness Lab – this podcast gets down to the science of happiness
- Keeping it Kissel – the Kissels keep it real talking about music and life and a whole lot of gratitude!
- Committed with Jo Piazza – so many different stories of couples overcoming the toughest of times and enjoying the most beautiful of times
- Where Should We Begin with Esther Perel – be a fly on the wall, as you listen to various couples in therapy with Esther Perel
Shock & Awe
- Family Secrets with Dani Shapiro – you might binge listen to this one once you get going. Finding out your biological father is actually a Catholic Priest?…that’s the kind of stories you hear about in this podcast
- Dirty John – this awful, and true story, is so sickening, yet I still feel like I now need to go watch the Netflix series
- Dr. Death – another one that’s hard to listen to knowing there are humans like this in the world, but still, go listen…
- The Dropout – and the list of shock and awe just keeps going
- Our Hockey Life – you may spot me on Episode 13, and all their episodes give you a behind the scenes of hockey life and much more
- Off Ice with Ida & Julie – two wives of the Nashville Predators talk hockey, family, and all that goes along with having a travelling spouse
Hope you find some new podcasts that make you want to hit “subscribe”!
April 13, 2020