Y’all know me…I don’t measure anything, until I have to in order to give you a real recipe. So here is Coconut Curry, but don’t feel like you need to stay strict to these measurements – toss in more of this, less of that, whatever your chef soul is telling you!
Serves: 4-6 servings.
- 1 sweet potato, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 15 oz. can coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Peel and chop one sweet potato. Wash and chop one head of cauliflower. Chop small onion. Grate about a tsp. of ginger.
- In a food processor, add chopped onion, grated ginger, garlic powder, turmeric, cumin, and cinnamon.
- In a large pot, melt coconut oil on medium heat, and then combine with the food processor mix.
- Add cauliflower, sweet potato, drained diced tomatoes, coconut milk, and chicken stock to the large pot. Mix together, cover, and let cook on medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- Eat just like that, or top over rice or quinoa. I serve over beef bites, and I really love having naan bread to scoop up the excess sauce after!
Tip: You can replace the chicken stock with a vegetable stock if you want this to be a vegetarian dish.
Hope this meal warms your souls and your bellies!
May 4, 2020