New York…I already topped you up on suggestions for Manhattan, but now it’s time to put Brooklyn in the spotlight!
- Walk the Brooklyn Bridge – honestly this is one of my favourite things…I can’t even count how many times I’ve done it with so many different people. It’s beautiful to see, it’s great for pictures, you get a view of NYC and the Statue of Liberty and you can wander from Brooklyn to Manhattan and vice versa!
- Hang out in DUMBO (Down Under Manhattan Bridge Overpass) – a great area and it’s right under the Brooklyn Bridge too. You can go sit or walk in the park by the water and carousel, looking out at both bridges (or walk the promenade)
- Wander in Prospect Park – most beautiful when the flowers are in bloom
- Coney Island – I still have this on my wish list, because I’m never there in the Summer to fully appreciate it in it’s entirety, but it is SO close to Brooklyn
- Williamsburg is a great area to explore
- Check out the Brooklyn Botanic Garden
- If you need some indoor quiet time, hang out in the Brooklyn Library
- See basketball or hockey at the Barclay’s Center
- It’s also majorly been on my wish list to go to the Museum of Food and Drink – MOFAD…you can get tickets for certain days and themes
Now to the Food…
- Juliana’s – you’ll wait in line forever, but it’s so worth it! If you can’t get in there, you could go to Grimaldi’s next door
- Sweet Green – also mentioned this for Manhattan, quick and healthy – one of my favs
- Doughnut Plant!! – you like cool doughnuts? Look no further
- Mile End Deli – Montreal-Style Deli that is very small, so you may wait a while for a table
- Champs Diner – all vegan and a total diner-style
- The Butcher’s Daughter – great for brunch or lunch!!
Here are some places that are still on my wish list:
- Wythe Hotel – for a great view and drink
- OatMeals – multiple styles of oatmeal? Yes, please!
- Modern Love – will probably have a chance to do this vegan spot with my niece soon
- Emily – I’ve heard it’s the best burger you’ll ever have – there is also one in Manhattan
Now go eat pizza & take a stroll across a bridge!