I clearly have a thing for “pizza” – I already shared my spaghetti squash pizza, watermelon pizza, and now here we have portobello mushroom pizza…and believe me, I have more up my sleeve! These are very light, so aim to have 2-3 mushrooms per person.
Portobello Mushroom Pizzas
- Portobello Mushrooms
- Pizza Sauce
- Veggie Toppings: sliced tomatoes, caramelized onions, etc.
- Meat Toppings: prosciutto, pepperoni, etc.
- Cheese Toppings: Mozzarella, Parmesan, etc.
- Preheat oven to bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Gently clean the top of the mushrooms. Remove the mushroom stems. Scoop out the mushroom gills with a scoop loop, or spoon, or your desired scraper.
- Place portobello mushrooms top down on a baking sheet (rimmed baking sheet is best), and fill inside with desired amount of pizza sauce (about 2 tbsp. each), and all the pizza toppings you want!
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-22 minutes (depending on thickness of mushrooms).
- Enjoy your vegetable-based, delicious pizza (with a fork and knife)!