- Sands Point Preserve – it’s $10 per car and has workout paths, nature walks, and some beauty water
- Old Westbury Gardens – explore the old house and the yard. Beautiful walk and scenery, and has specials set up for Halloween and Christmas
- Cold Spring Harbor Hiking Trail – a sweet little 3K out-and-back hike in the trees and by the water (lots of incline and decline)
- Trail View State Park is a nice little nature walk
- Jones Beach & Long Beach are my fav. The North Shore beaches are much rockier, but Sunken Meadow State Park is also nice
- Head to the Hamptons – Coopers Beach is relatively close, and by the Cowfish restaurant, but I’ve never been in the summer
- Visit Makinajian Farm – fresh food!
- Some great museums (especially with kids) are The Firefighter’s Museum, The Aviation Museum, and The Children’s Museum
- Flushing Meadows – Corona Park…go walk there and see the unisphere
- Sur la Table is a great place to take a cooking class!
- Walk, run, workout, or play a sport at Eisenhower Park
Now to the Food…
- The French Workshop (Garden City) – Jordan would say to get a pie
- Sweet to Lick (Williston Park) – vegan bakery & cafe
- Witches Brew (West Hempstead) – coffeehouse, and also vegan/vegetarian food (unique environment)
- Clipper Ship Tea Company (Huntington) – my fav place to get natural, loose leaf tea
- Food for Thought (Garden City) – healthy lunch spot…salads, bowls, juices, etc.
- The Flour Shoppe (Rockville Centre) – for brunch!
- Le Pain Quotidien (Garden City) – healthy lunch sit down (quick) spot
- Bagel Master (Syosset) or My Three Sons (Williston Park) – delis that have great in-house bagels
- Bareburger (Queens) – great burgers! Organic, all-natural, vegan options, etc.
- Chopt (New Hyde Park) – love their “cauliflower rice” base! You can also find Chopt restaurants in Manhattan
- Cippolini (Manhasset) – best Italian
- Waterzooi (Garden City) – Belgian
- Toku (Manhasset) – great sushi – get the rock shrimp and crispy rice
- The Capital Grille (Garden City) – steakhouse
- Copperhill (Williston Park) – great brunch or lunch
- Prime (Huntington) – on the water – upscale steak & fish house
- Small Batch (Garden City) – Farm to Table
- Cowfish – (South Hampton) – Get the Brussel sprouts!!
- Borrelli’s – (East Meadow) – For ordering-in pizza (and pasta!)
Here are some places that are still on my wish list:
- Kings Coast Coffee (Shirley)
- Salt (Merrick)
- Mill Pond House (Centerport)
- The Rose Room – a speak easy bar in The Garden City Hotel
Enjoy your adventures on the island!